Welcome to the 2014 Spring South Carolina Rotten Egg Event! May 29 to June 6!
Hundreds of red eggs "laid" all over Columbia, each with one of 29 indicators, highlight the ongoing public health, pubic education, and public safety disaster in this state. Go on an egg hunt! Collect all 29 different indicators and get....... depressed. Isn't more than a century of having egg on our faces long enough? Egg on our state goverment to hatch a plan for real change. Tweet @scgov, @nikkihaley, or call/write/talk to friends and power brokers. Comment on twitter feed #scrotteneggs Why do we endure this travisty?
1. South Carolina vaults from Number 2 to Number 1 in Men Killing Women
Tweets by @scrotteneggs
2. S.C. Governor Nikki Haley gets fall report card from Dead Last!!
3. South Carolina family income has dropped 6% (that's -6%) in the past three years. (U.S. $62,627 vs. S.C $52,763)
4. South Carolina moves from 6th to 4th in homicides by guns
5. South Carolina has more than 800,00 citizens without health insurance
Do you know?
27.1% of children in S.C. are hungry (292,840)
Is this what we want to “conserve”??
Key indicators help us understand how our state ranks with others in the United States, how the health status and quality of life of South Carolinians compares to others. Clearly, we have a lot of work to do. Every poor indicator translates into suffering and pain and substandard quality of life for tens of thousands of people.
The tragedy behind these indicators is that much of this suffering is unnecessary.
Why do we allow this situation to persist?